The New York Cardiac Diagnostic Center offers Sports Cardiology (athletic heart screenings).
Cardiac assessment of the athlete includes history and examination to assess both medical and sport-related problems, a stress test, an Electrocardiogram (ECG) and where appropriate, further testing which may include Echocardiography either at rest or with exercise, cardiac MRI and testing for significant cardiac rhythm disturbances.
Dr. Steven Reisman (a best in class NYC cardiologist) can identify important and sometimes life threatening cardiovascular problems with the clear goal of maintaining the safe return of the athlete to their chosen sport wherever possible.
I have never been to a doctor as knowledgeable and caring as Dr Reisman. Excellent bedside manner, highly knowledgeable and simply brilliant. His office staff is excellent and you are seen at your assigned time – super rare in NYC. Don’t consider any other cardiologist because he is as good as it gets, really ~ Google
Our goal is to assess and evaluate athletes to ensure safe participation in athletics.
Reasons to visit the NYC cardiologist may include:
- You are a professional athlete and your contract requires it
- You are a non-professional athlete experience unexplained and troubling cardiac symptoms
- New feelings of shortness of breath
- New feelings of heart palpitations
- Chest pain during exercise / athletics
- Unexpected but unexplained change in performance during exercise
- Pre-competition screening or identified cardiac abnormality on screening
- Return to sport / athletics after previously identified cardiac problem
- This looks at the electrical conduction pathways around the heart.
- A machine collects the hearts electrical activity from stickers on the chest.
- It is read by a cardiologist specifically looking for sports related changes.
- The test is painless, non-invasive and takes only a few minutes to perform
- This at times recommended if an ECG requires further investigation
- An ultrasound test will take video images of the structure of the heart.
- Measurements allow comparison of the hearts mechanics (walls, valves, chambers).
If you have any questions for the best in class NYC cardiologist or would like to schedule a consultation or appointment please feel free to contact Dr. Steven Reisman of the New York Cardiac Diagnostic Center and indicate which Manhattan office (Upper East Side, Midtown Manhattan, or Wall Street / Financial District) you would like to see the cardiologist for a cardiac consultation.