Best Heart Palpitations Cardiac Doctor NYC – (ECG) Monitoring NYC
The New York Cardiac Diagnostic Center offers Ambulatory “Holter” Electrocardiographic Monitoring. A Holter monitor is a small wearable ECG recording device. This remarkable cardiac test monitors your heart rhythm over 24 hours. During your cardiac testing period any abnormal heart beats/rhythms will be detected. The Holter monitor is about the size of a mobile phone and you will need to wear it around your waist. You can continue with your normal daily activities while you are wearing the device during your testing period.
*** Most people come to our Manhattan offices to see the cardiac specialist for this test due to heart palpitations.
Dr. Reisman is the best! Fabulous diagnostician and cardiologist. Very patient…he always explains everything very thoroughly to me. Professional organization with warm and friendly staff and great office with all the high tech devices so everything is done under one roof. Easy to schedule appointments. Empathetic. Accepts insurance. Always less than five minutes in the waiting room. He gets my highest recommendation. ~ZocDoc
The ability to record your heart rhythm over a period of 24 hours increases the likelihood of obtaining important cardiac diagnostic information that can direct appropriate medical treatment and to discover why you are having heart palpitations.
After your test period, the NYC cardiologist, Dr. Steven Reisman, will take the data from the monitor, analyze it, and produce a comprehensive report for your doctor.
The Ambulatory “Holter” Electrocardiographic (ECG) Monitoring test will ultimately provide you, your primary doctor, and the cardiologist with imperative information on which to base any decisions about your health.
The Ambulatory “Holter” Electrocardiographic (ECG) Monitoring Test is Performed to:
- Identify abnormal beats and heart rhythms
- Identify the cause of a racing heart
- Evaluate your symptoms to see if it is related to your heart
- Assess if your medications are controlling your symptoms or a known abnormal rhythm
- To determine whether an abnormal heart rhythm (heart palpitations) might be the cause of a patient experiencing unexplained dizziness or blackouts
Doctor’s note: The test is completely painless and it is important that you wear the monitor throughout the day and night. It is also important that you do not get the monitor wet so please do not have a bath or shower while wearing it. It takes about 15 minutes to have the device applied and set up and about 5 minutes to remove it. Additionally:
- You should wear loose clothing so that the monitor can be worn easily under your clothes
- You should take a bath or shower before coming to your appointment as you will not be able to do so while wearing the holter monitor
- Do not apply any body lotion or oil to your skin before the appointment, as this makes it difficult to attach the electrodes
If you have any questions for the best in class NYC cardiologist about your heart palpitations or would like to schedule a consultation or appointment please feel free to contact Dr. Steven Reisman of the New York Cardiac Diagnostic Center and indicate which NYC office (Upper East Side, Midtown Manhattan, or Wall Street / Financial District) you would like to see the cardiologist for a cardiac consultation.